Peppermint Crisp Tart is a uniquely South African dessert using the beloved South African Peppermint Crisp and is adored by children and adults alike. Its ingredients make it more of a ‘sweet’ than a dessert, but it is the perfect dessert after a braai, especially if you are living abroad and want to evoke memories of home. The best thing about the Peppermint Crisp Tart is that it is so easy to make and doesn’t involve any cooking!
Peppermint Crisp – a South African delight
The main ingredient of the Peppermint Crips tart is the South African Peppermint Crisp, which was invented in South Africa by Wilson-Rowntree. It is now produced by Nestlé and can be found in stores in Australia and New Zealand – and in South African Shops in the UK, USA and Canada.
Today the Peppermint Crisp is used as an ingredient in cheesecakes, pavlovas and of course the famous Peppermint Crisp tart.
Peppermint Crisp Tart recipe:
- 200g Tennis biscuits, crushed
- 250ml cream
- 360g tin Nestlé Caramel Treat, beaten
- 3 x 49g Peppermint Crisp chocolates, crushed
- Sprinkle half the biscuits into the base of a 1.25L dish
- Beat the cream until stiff peaks form, then mix in the Nestlé Caramel Treat and 2/3 of the chocolate. Spoon half the mixture onto the biscuits in the dish. Top with a layer of the remaining biscuits and then the rest of the caramel mixture.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crushed chocolate over. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Add a sophisticated twist
Instead of serving your tart in a dish, make an impression at your next dinner party by dividing the biscuits up between some cocktail glasses, top with the mixture and sprinkle the crushed chocolate over the top – everyone will be clamouring for the recipe!
If you are a South African living abroad and would like to know more about how you can maximise your finances through the financial emigration process, accessing your South African retirement annuity and our tailor-made tax solutions for South Africans around the world, contact FinGlobal today for your free and no obligation consultation and quote.