Let’s paint a little scenario for you… You’re at a scientific awards evening, and you’re meeting the industry leaders of the South African science world. A man approaches and extends his hand, introducing himself as Tim Noakes. What do you do? If you don’t know who Tim Noakes is, you might simply shake his hand and introduce yourself – don’t worry, we won’t judge. However, if you do know who Tim Noakes is, you might ask for his autograph or gush over how the range of Tim Noakes books changed your life, or Tim Noakes banting diet helps you shed spans of weight. Tim Noakes has made waves over the years in South Africa for various reasons.
It’s no secret that Tim Noakes is somewhat of a celebrity in South Africa. Currently, he is a founding member of the International Olympic Committee’s Olympic Science Academy. He is a South African scientist and an emeritus professor in the Exercise Science and Sports Medicine Department at the University of Cape Town. His intellectual accolades aside, Time Noakes has run over 70 marathons and ultramarathons and has released several Tim Noakes recipe books, Tim Noakes diet books, and the real meal revolution by Tim Noakes.
Let’s get to know Tim Noakes a little more.
10 Interesting Facts About Tim Noakes
Below are ten interesting facts we discovered about Time Noakes that may help you get to know the man behind the science and marathons a little more.
- Tim Noakes was born on 2 July 1949.
- Tim Noakes is not originally South African. He was born in Zimbabwe in Harare but later moved to South Africa to matriculate at the Diocesan College in 1966 in Cape Town.
- Unbeknown to Tim, his claim to fame was just starting in 1981 when began research and teaching in exercise science at UCT in a humble laboratory set up in the basement of the Physiology department.
- His research success had grown exponentially by 1989, leading to the Medical Research Council and UCT agreeing to fund his research unit focusing on Bioenergetics of Exercise Research.
- The Tim Noakes diet plan menu has earned respect due to his collaboration with Morné du Plessis, SA rugby legend! Together, Tim and Morné founded the Sports Science Institute of South Africa, which aims to promote sporting success in South Africans.
- Tim Noakes books have become popular. In 2003 he received the UCT Book Award for his 4th edition of Lore of Running, otherwise known as the “Bible of Sport.” In addition to hundreds of scientific publications, a list of Tim Noakes books in the sporting world include the following:
- Running Your Best
- Running Injuries and How to Prevent Them
- Lore of Cycling
- Rugby Without Risk
- Art and Science of Cricket (a collaboration with Bob Woolmer)
- Tim Noakes has won multiple awards including the following:
- 40 Most Important Persons/Event by North American Runner’s World (2004)
- A1 Rating from the National Research Foundation of South Africa (2004)
- Best Man in Science and Technology Foundation Award for Individual Contribution over a lifetime (2006)
- National Science and Technology Foundation Award for Individual Contribution over a Lifetime (2006)
- Honorary Fellow of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (2008)
8. In 2012, he founded the Noakes Foundation to promote the Tim Noakes banting diet after doing extensive research into the efficacy of international dietary guidelines.
9. In 2012, Waterlogged Tim Noakes book was released, detailing the danger of overhydration in endurance sports.
In 2015, The Real Meal Revolution Tim Noakes book was released. This book focuses on banting, which features low-carb high-fat eating which helps increase energy while assisting in weight loss. The Tim Noakes diet menu plan is a tasty and effective way to weight loss and healthy living. The Real Meal Revolution by Tim Noakes can be bought on Amazon and in local SA book stores.
Tim Noakes Recipes
If you want to try out a few of the Tim Noakes recipes, you can find a few to play around with below:
- 3 Fresh Low-Carb Recipes by Tim Noakes
- 3 Recipes by Tim Noakes
- 49 Tim Noakes Banting Recipes on Pinterest
Get the Recipe for Financial and Tax Emigration Success at FinGlobal
Tim Noakes is a hotshot in the sports science and nutrition world, and we’re the hotshots of the financial and tax emigration world. We’ve got ten years of experience behind us and proudly provide Saffas with a range of services, including financial emigration, retirement annuity withdrawal, FOREX, tax refunds, tax clearance, tax exit, exchange control, and pension income. Over the years, we have honed our skills and expertise to offer clients a streamlined process and present proven results. In addition, we work closely with each of our clients to tailor-make solutions that work specifically for each of them.
We’re quite chuffed by the fact that we have already helped more than 60 000 clients in over 105 countries. We welcome all Saffas, regardless of what stage of the relocation process they are at, to contact us for further assistance and guidance. If you’re in the market for a hassle-free approach to financial emigration and tax emigration, you’ve come to the right place. For emigration and financial advice and guidance, take the time to contact us at FinGlobal. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +27 283 135 600.
Send us a message
Leave your details below including a short message and a financial consultant will contact you.
Licensed South African Financial Services Provider FSP # 42872
You have Successfully Subscribed!
FinGlobal Newsletter Subscription
Subscribe to the FinGlobal newsletter to receive all the latest news and information regarding our services and South African Expats.