Psst! Have you heard about Cremora? Let me tell you a little secret about Cremora, just in case you haven’t discovered it over the years. The thing you need to know is that it’s not just good for making your coffee the creamiest, tastiest beverage ever; it’s also fantastic in a tart! A tart, you say? Yep, that’s right! Cremora can be used to make the smoothest and tastiest fridge tart you have ever been lucky enough to taste.
What You Need to Know about Cremora
While everyone knows the Cremora brand, not a lot of people know much more about it. Cremora needs no real introduction to the South African market. In fact, it’s the country’s favourite creamer, for very good reason mind you! Cremora is one of those Iconic brands in South Africa. It seems like it’s been around forever because everyone knows the name and most people actively consume it. When you consider that 1.1 million cups of coffee are consumed in South Africa every hour and that one in every 7 coffee drinkers creams their favourite cuppa with Cremora, you realise just how much the country loves this particular product.
Where does Cremora come from? Cremora has been in the country for a whopping 54 years. Cremora was launched in South Africa in 1966 and quickly became a firm favourite in every South African home. Cremora doesn’t just add a milky appearance to a cup of coffee, but also provides a creamy taste and counters the bitterness of coffee flavours. Cremora is the creamer of the lactose intolerant, but that’s not the only selling point. Because the creamer is in powdered form, it doesn’t need to be refrigerated, making it ideal for every household and business across the country.
Whipping Up a Cremora Tart Yourself
You are probably wondering how you can get a taste of this delectable Cremora tart. Today is your lucky day, because we have just the recipe for you! A Cremora tert recipe can be found in just about every South African family’s personal recipe book, but just in case you don’t have one, here’s what you need to know…
Cremora Tart Recipe
A Cremora tart is a fridge tart with a rich biscuit base and a creamy condense milk and Cremora filling. Below is a quick and easy Cremora tart recipe that will completely blow you away with its smooth texture and ultra-creamy flavour.
What you need for the biscuit base:
- 1 cup of crushed biscuits (usually Tennis biscuits, but any type of biscuit works just as well)
- 60ml of melted butter
What you need for the creamy filling:
- 2 cups of Cremora powder
- 1 cup of cool water
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- ½ a cup of lemon juice
How to make the biscuit base:
- Using a bowl, mix the melted butter into the dry crushed biscuit. Try to keep a few of the dry crumbs to one side as you will sprinkle these onto the top of the pie at the end.
- Press the biscuit and butter mixture into a 20 or 22cm pie dish. Press the mixture in firmly as this will form the actual crust of your tart.
How to make the filling:
- Use a jug to beat the 2 cups of Cremora and 1 cup of cool water together to form a smooth consistency. Don’t stop beating until you are sure there are no lumps in the liquid.
- Add the tin of condensed milk to Cremora and water mixture and beat again until smooth and firm.
- Now, add the ½ a cup of lemon juice to the mixture. It should clot and cause the mixture to become thick. Mix or beat the mixture well until it is perfectly smooth and thick.
How to put the fridge tart together:
- Pour the mixture into the biscuit base and use the back of a spoon to spread it out smoothly.
- Now, simply sprinkle the rest of the dry biscuit crumbs over the top of the fridge tart.
You will need to refrigerate the Cremora tert for at least 4 to 5 hours until the filling is set and the entire tart is chilled. Serve chilled with a delicious cup of creamy coffee or tea.
The Many Uses of Cremora
You might be surprised to find that Cremora can be used for even more than creaming your coffee and making a divine fridge tart. It can also be used for a variety of other purposes. Some of these are mentioned below.
- Add Cremora to hot chocolate for extra creamy goodness. Perhaps on a cold winter’s night!
- For smoother, creamier mashed potatoes, add a spoon or two of Cremora. Blend well to ensure that all lumps are eliminated.
- For extra-creamy past sauce and soups, add a few spoons of Cremora to the pot while cooking the sauce.
- Add some Cremora to your breakfast cereal for that hmm-hmm-hmm start to the day.
- Adding creaminess to waffle and pancake batter.
FinGlobal: your financial and tax emigration specialists
Cremora is not the only South African brand that’s ultra-useful and versatile. Our team has been working hard for little less than a decade to ensure that the financial needs of South African expats are taken care of. Expats that need help with their financial emigration or tax emigration need only reach out to FinGlobal for premier advice and guidance. Much the same, South African expats worried about the funds seemingly trapped in their retirement annuities back home, only need to chat with a FinGlobal consultant for helpful advice on how to gain access to those funds. For more information and advice, contact us today. Simply send us an email or give us a call at your convenience.