When selecting a cross-border financial services partner, aside from considering convenience, credibility, and expertise – fees must not be overlooked. It’s important for South Africans to examine and evaluate exactly how they’re going to be charged for the services they receive. This is an important step to take to protect yourself – not only to ensure that you’re getting the best value for your money, but to ensure that your finances are being handled by an established, trustworthy company and not a fly-by-night scam operation. Let’s take a look at how FinGlobal’s fees and payment arrangements are structured to maximise your return on all transactions and assure the safety of your finances.
What fees do FinGlobal charge?
As a licensed financial services provider, we believe strongly in transparency in everything we do, going the extra mile to ensure our customers get fair value along with exceptional service as we provide them with bespoke cross-border financial solutions.
We know that each client’s situation is going to be different, and there’s no cookie-cutter approach to servicing their needs. That’s why we assess each individual’s specific requirements against their financial objectives, free of charge, in order to tailor the right solution. Once we’ve done this, we’ll provide you with a quote and confirm your acceptance of our fees before we start work.
The benefits of FinGlobal’s fee structure
- No unexpected charges, no surprise fees
- Not based on commission or transaction value
- No upfront payment or deposit required
- Fair value, highly competitive forex rates
How does FinGlobal calculate fees?
In line with our commitment to uphold the Consumer Protection Act, and our pledge to the Unashamedly Ethical Campaign, FinGlobal will always communicate with you on fees, upfront and in a manner that is easy to understand.
You will be quoted and charged set service and solution based fees – in order for us to explain the solution and the associated professional fees, we take the time to assess your unique situation through a personal, confidential consultation. You’ll know exactly what fees FinGlobal is going to charge you, and how much money you’ll walk away with once we’re done – before you agree to anything.
What are some warning signs to look out for when considering the trustworthiness of a cross-border financial services provider?
- If you’re asked for money or payment or a deposit upfront, that’s not a good sign.
- If fees are not clearly discussed and disclosed upfront, there’s room for you to be ripped off.
- If fees are commission-based or percentage-based, remember that’s going to cut heavily into the money you walk away with at the end of the day.
To facilitate transparency, FinGlobal’s fees are not calculated according to the amount of money involved in a certain transaction, i.e. we do not charge percentage-based fees. Once you accept the quote we have provided you, Finglobal’s fees remain fixed – this means no hidden costs or unpleasant surprises. Furthermore, unless mutually agreed, we would never ask you to pay for our services before we’d successfully rendered them to you. Steer clear of financial service providers that ask for upfront fee payment – if they already have your money, there’s nothing keeping them honest.
What are FinGlobal’s forex rates and fees?
With FinGlobal, there is no commission fee payable on foreign exchange transactions, however, Bidvest Bank charges a transaction fee that will be confirmed with you before the transfer is authorised. The exchange rate margin is calculated on the amount you wish to transfer abroad.
Please contact us for a forex quote.
What else do you need to know about FinGlobal’s fees?
If you’re living and working abroad but you have funds and assets back home, FinGlobal can provide you with a proposal to liquidate them and transfer the proceeds abroad.
- We will provide a free financial report so you can see the actual surrender values of all your policies and investments along with an estimate of the tax you can expect to pay on surrender.
- We then evaluate your personal cash flow requirements and specific timelines along with your list of assets to provide a solution that will have the best possible outcome for you.
FinGlobal: transparent fees, tailored cross-border financial solutions
Whether you want to discuss financial emigration, retirement annuity encashment, foreign exchange, or you need tax expertise, we want to help.
Choosing FinGlobal as your expat financial services partner is a smart choice because:
- We are strictly compliant with all the relevant financial services authorities in South Africa, including the South African Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA), and South Africa’s Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC).
- We are a Licensed Treasury Outsourced Company with the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).
- We make use of a SSL Security Certified website to ensure your engagements with us are encrypted, secure and completely confidential.
If you’re a South African living abroad and you need our cross-border financial services, leave us your contact details and we’ll be in touch.