Here’s what you can do if you live in the UK…
- convert rand to sterling – eliminate exchange rate risk
- increase the value – take advantage of generous HMRC tax incentives
- create more flexibility – 100% withdrawal option at retirement in the UK
- remove the administrative burden – no exchange control risk at retirement
- maximise income if you retire in South Africa – pension can be taken tax free
- reduce costs – UK pensions typically have lower fees than those in South Africa
Whether you are planning to remain in the UK, return to South Africa or don’t know where you’ll be in the future this solution ticks all boxes when it comes to what you should do with funds tied up in a South African retirement annuity or preservation fund.
To find out more why not join one of our short webinars. We’ll explain the benefits mentioned above and the process required to take advantage of this opportunity.