Skip to main content

How to move your South African money

By January 7, 2014September 1st, 2023Tax services and consulting

How to move your South African money

January 7, 2014

It takes some doing, but that’s what we do. We provide simple solutions to a complex process: moving your money from whatever source, fast and secure.

To help us tick all the foreign exchange control boxes, convert funds to your local currency for successful transfer to an international bank, you’ll need:

  1.  A green South African ID document, the recent bar coded version
  2. An active South African Revenue Service (SARS) tax record for tax clearance purposes
  3. An active South African bank account

No bank account or up to date tax record? Don’t worry we’ll open a currency transmission account in your name to move your money while our hands-on tax specialists ensure all SARS requirements are met.

An up to date bar coded South African ID document remains the key to successfully moving your money. Should you not hold a bar coded ID we’ll manage – it only makes it a bit more complex and time consuming.

It’s worth keeping in mind that when the South African authorities introduce their new ID document, your current ID will be out dated which means moving your money will take a lot longer.

We pride ourselves in having developed a unique and cost effective solution which successfully assisted thousands of expats move their South African money to their new home countries at competitive exchange rates.

For more information, or a quotation, why not ask Fanie, Pieter, Steve or Werner to give you a call?

Leave a Reply