Sign up for our monthly newsletter and browse old issues.


Sign up for our monthly newsletter and browse old issues.


Effects of migration on families: Emigration and its effects on family bonds

The decision to emigrate is a complex and often difficult one. It requires consideration of many factors such as employment ...

Salwaa’s Cape Malay Cooking

If you haven’t indulged in some of Salwaa’s Cape Malay cooking, now is the time. Don’t delay; grab a recipe ...

A step-by-step guide to ceasing tax residency and becoming a non-resident for tax purposes in South Africa

The South African Revenue Service (SARS) rules over a tax domain that is residence-based. This means that all tax residents ...

SA private company shareholders: what you need to know about exporting unlisted shares in lieu of cash

One of the most important aspects of your emigration is financial planning. It’s essential to have a plan in place ...

How to tell your family you’re moving out of the country

Emigration can be a life-altering and difficult experience, both for those leaving and those staying behind. With that in mind, ...

Malva Pudding Cupcake Recipe

Are you looking for something new and delicious to try in your kitchen? Malva pudding cupcakes are sure to tantalize ...

When parents are left behind: The impact of emigration on family left behind

Sulette Ferreira, an emigration therapist, made this phenomenon the subject of her PhD study entitled Parents left behind in South ...

The perfect milk tart cupcake recipe for every occasion

Are you looking for the ultimate delicious treat for parties, church bazaars, weddings, christenings, school cake sales, braais, or other ...

Recent exchange control updates expats MUST know about!

The South African Reserve Bank's Financial Surveillance Department (FinSurv) issued four new circulars in May this year amending the Currency ...

Expats, this one document could save you thousands in taxes – get your SARS Non-Resident Confirmation Letter now!

If you are planning to leave South Africa permanently or you have already relocated abroad, you will need to apply ...